Sunday, September 28, 2008

Jersey Knits

My desk is too messy to show the entire thing. I am keeping too many aspiring projects out in the open. But besides all that, I want to venture into new territory. Shall I attempt a simple t-shirt? A while ago I found this *way too small* jersey t-shirt at the thrift store but I really liked the details.
The thrifted t-shirt has finished seams with the same fabric bias tape using slightly darker thread for the top stitching. I found a similar weight, similar color fabric in the red tag bin at JoAnns. So, we'll see how it goes. Baby steps, right?

10 comments:

  1. I bought that exact fabric from Joanns this summer and made bunches of skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LeeAnn, please oh please let me know how this process goes for you!! I have a t-shirt I cut up for this exact purpose but have not gotten the courage up to try it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I have not had the courage to try knits yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck! I bet it'll turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LeeAnn, I found your blog via Lolly's blog. I will definitely stop back in. I love what you did with the old book case. I try to challenge myself to bring new life to the old. And, I saw you participated in the fabric swap organized by Katie. I did too! I had good intentions of checking out all the blogs of the swappers but haven't gotten there yet. I am a novice sewer enjoying the challenge of trying to use the squares where ever I can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that brown! No way I am venturing into knits.. plain cottons are hard enough. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very exciting! Wow, I haven't tried this one either! Can't wait to see how it turns out. The fabric looks lovely!

    You know, my place is always so cluttered too... that is why MACRO shots are so necessary!! LOL!
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoa, I'd be intimidated. Can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! I am hopeless with commercial patterns..not sure why, but they never turn out! LOL Many people make wonderful things with them, and I'm sure you will be one of them!
    Smiles, Karen

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely delight in the fact that you would take the time to comment and continue a dialog on this blog! If you have an email linked to your comment, I do my best to respond. Thank you so much!